Commercial kitchen code question Massachusetts

Does a commercial mop sink in a restaurant drain into a grease trap / interceptor in Massachusetts ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

jaywalsh31

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone know if a floor sink is considered the same as a mop/ service sink in code speak?
The reason I ask... I believe the mop sink in a restaurant should drain into a grease trap but no where in the code do I find the mention of this. Only a floor sink. I view a floor sink as an indirect drain to dump a dishwasher into or bar sinks. Maybe this would make the use of large grease interceptors to common because they can generate a high rate of flow defeating the purpose of the interceptor? Anyway I'm only trying to do the right thing, and any help is appreciated. I have 2 floor drains going threw the lower grease trap and need to know if Mr. Service Sink is coming along for the ride or not, Thank you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks