Commercial Dishwasher

Users who are viewing this thread

Mulligan Stew

Reaction score
I'm roughing in the drain for a commercial dishwasher for a small restaurant in King County Washington. My question is should I install a floor sink. That seems to me to be the best way although is it overkill? Should I simply install an indirect drain funnel type...i.e. 2" trap with 2"x3" reducer to catch the flow coming from the 3/4" dishwasher drain tubing?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A floor sink works for those.
A reduced pressure back flow for the supply. The make some for high temperature.
A hammer arrestor for the water supply.

What unit are you installing?

802.1.7 Commercial dishwashing machines. The discharge from a commercial dishwashing machine shall be through an air gap into a standpipe or waste receptor in accordance with Section 802.2.1.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You also have to check with the building department because some areas require that it go through a grease interceptor. Most of them have a atmospheric VB after the solenoid valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks