Combining hand pump & indoor shallow well jet pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Ambassador

Reaction score
Hey guys, does it makes a big difference to use 1 1/2" downpipe instead of a 2" downpipe with a shallow well? The water is around 25'. Pump and tank are in the house.

I have a 3" casing outside and I'm hoping to try to fit 1 1/2" (to the pump inside) and then also fit a 1" downpipe that could go up to a hand pump straight above on the casing cap.

I thought about just extending a 2in with a tee to accommodate the hand pump, but I imagine that could mess with the inside pump's prime.... I also imagine it would be hard to winterize.

Has anyone done this? I'm just trying to use the inside pump to power a sprinkler system. Would decreasing suction pipe size to 1 1/2" still be sufficient for irrigation?

Here's a link to my other thread as I try to revive the well...
https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/need-help-reviving-an-old-well.83004/

Reach4

Reaction score
Hey guys, does it makes a big difference to use 1 1/2" downpipe instead of a 2" downpipe with a shallow well? The water is around 25'. Pump and tank are in the house.
If you are pulling the down pipe, I would put a foot valve on that. Then you should be able to be rid of the check valve inside.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks