Combining condensate drains?

Users who are viewing this thread

CallmeJake

Reaction score
Hi,
I have two boilers in the basement, one is a combi, between them I have 6 pipes to route to the drain. 3 relief valves, 2 condensate, and the backflow. The two condensate lines currently run over to floor drain, while the others dump on the floor. I've found that the floor doesn't really slope to the drain so if any of the relief valves pops it just puddles on the floor.

Can I have all 6 dump into one line and run that over to the drain? I think it is OK if I maintain an air gap between the outlet of each unit and the line to the drain but I am not sure.

Splashoil

Retired!
Reaction score
You could combine some before the drain. You could combine some at the drain.
https://airgap.com/product/ag180-002/https://airgap.com/product/ag180-002/
I made a 6”x24” pvc riser and filled with marble chips. All condensate goes there where the marble helps neutralize
The acid before it gets on the concrete lol. Actually I brought a 2” pvc line under the boiler floor with trap and a funnel
Drain to carry away the acid. There are codes involved. A friend dumped his outside his garage and trashed the soil and landscaping before he got smart.
Photo shows cheap neutralizer.

Attachments

• F2AC750F-1983-48F9-8B09-9808EDB956D2.jpeg
    F2AC750F-1983-48F9-8B09-9808EDB956D2.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
First, put actual condensate neutralizer sets on each condensate line.
Then if you want to combine them to travel away, size the common drain to handle the load.
I don't know what your backflow is, but they would like a bigger pipe if they ever blow. But, if you don't care about a wet floor....
Relief valves are technically required to have the combined area accommodate full flow on all valves at once, which would be bizarre but, nevertheless, required.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks