Combine wax ring with waxless ring

Users who are viewing this thread

Flapper

Reaction score
Do you think it is a good idea to combine a waxless ring (like saniseal or korky) with a wax ring? Like using both tape and dope. Wax is good for filling in all areas to seal well, but stuff sometimes goes wrong and you can't be certain there's no leaks. Waxless is good for ensuring a seal because it is solid and the toilet can be moved around and stuff, but it might not seal everything (like if you have a repair ring, the waxless might seal on the repair but not much on the flange).

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have not mixed the two. And there are now plenty of the new waxless seals out there. Some I have no idea how they are going to work on the many different situations we run into . Wax has always been our friend, in that is can mold and make up the difference in heights and when things are not level.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks