Combine different brands cast iron to ABS shower drain with a square grille.

Users who are viewing this thread

jay surfs

Reaction score
Remodeling my bath. I've got all new abs waste lines in the second floor bathroom. We are going to hotmop for tile. My neighbor contractor suggested I use a Frank Pattern 20SD 2", as its cast iron with a rubber gasket connection to abs. But it's a round drain. Wife wants a square drain. Preferably one that matches the Kohler trim.
I see that Oatey has cast iron drains, do the threaded oatey drains fit other threaded grilles? Such as the Kohler Model K- 9136-BL https://www.amazon.com/Kohler-9136-...ds=Model:K-9136-BL&qid=1639452090&s=hi&sr=1-1

Or any other hot moppable drains fit other brands of threaded grilles?

Thanks for your time.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I have to pipe up that Chloraloy membranes are so much longer lasting than hot mop.
With various screw top into clamping bodies: There is no true conformity among brands, and there are a lot of brands available in CA.
I've mixed and matched readily when suppliers let us play around in their shop or if we have a handful of different brands at one time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks