Collapsed well

Users who are viewing this thread

Amber allen

Reaction score
Hi guys. My well seems to have collapsed and was running lots of sand through to my house. Now the motor and pump have give out. I have been told it's about 6000 at minimum for a new well drilling where I live. On top of the cost of have to repair the pump, motor and control box. I was looking into digging a new well myself because i cant afford that money. I know someone who recently dug their own new well. But my question is if my well collapsed do I have to dig a completely new place or can I fix the old well by digging the sand back out and maybe fixing the casing? If I have to dig a new one how deep does it have to go. What is the best way to do this by hand?

Reach4

Reaction score
In some places, you can use a "sand point". Lots of Youtube videos on that. That is for a shallow well.

Drilling a deep well is not something a DYI operation is likely to succeed at. There are Youtube videos on that, but it would take a long time, and you could get injured. If wells in your area collapse, I would think you would want a casing on your new well, even though it would cost more.

Some things are worth borrowing for. A well is one of them. A new car is not one of those things.

Amber allen

Reaction score
Update. We replaced the pump and control box and the pump still isnt running. Not sure where to go from here. My well is about 70 foot deep but we hit water at 20

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks