Cold flow of PVC threaded fitting causes it to pop out?

Users who are viewing this thread

JimLS

Reaction score
Have a pump inlet that I have put a PVC male threaded adapter to PVC pipe, then an elbow, etc for inlet pipe. Last year I had the threaded end shrink and deform and come out of the pump body. It had a fair amount of weight of the pipe on it so put in a support for the pipe and replaced the fittings. Just had the new one pop out after a couple months. The end of the pipe isn't distorted much - just an increased taper on the threads. Seems very strange. Should I try to find schedule 80 fittings? Any other ideas of what is going on or how to resolve it? I know plastics can flow over time but this is more than I have seen before. I will try to post a pic in a bit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks