Code question for vanity conversion

Users who are viewing this thread

Jefftra

Reaction score
I am wanting to convert from single vanity to double. My question is it against code to do all new plumbing inside the vanity to avoid tearing out the drywall? I’m not sure if I would be able to make it work, but exploring all options.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
possibly you theoretically can use one trap if lavs are I believe 30 inches apart.
I would say that in many cases it could be converted with out opening wall and meet code but not all cases

Jefftra

Reaction score
possibly you theoreticaly can use one trap if lavs are I belice 30 inches apart.
I would say that in many cases it could be converted with out opening wall and meet code but not all c ases
Is it more than 30 inches it’s ok, or less? My situation would be over 30

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Is it more than 30 inches it’s ok, or less? My situation would be over 30

Depending on your local HJA how far it can be located. NYC for example allows the trap to within 2 feet form the fixture and 2 feet of the vent . 48" total Trap 24" from the fixture and the vent 24" from the vent

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks