Code question about lavatory sink

Users who are viewing this thread

seann

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if someone could help me with a UPC code requirement. How close can I have the side of a wall hung lavatory sink or the side of a vanity cabnit to the side of a tub shower unit? I know for a toilet it's 15" from center, but not sure about lavatory. Thanks.

Cool Blue Harley

One Dumb Plumber
Reaction score
As close as you want provided the minimum finished interior dimension of the shower compartment is capable of encompassing a 30" diameter circle; measured from the centerline of the top of the dam.

The only requirement for the lavatory sink is clearance in front, 24 inches, same as a toilet. This was added to the UPC code book in the 2016 cycle.

ADA lavatory sinks are different.

seann

In the Trades
Reaction score
As close as you want provided the minimum finished interior dimension of the shower compartment is capable of encompassing a 30" diameter circle; measured from the centerline of the top of the dam.

The only requirement for the lavatory sink is clearance in front, 24 inches, same as a toilet. This was added to the UPC code book in the 2016 cycle.

ADA lavatory sinks are different.
Thank you for the insight, and the great explanation. If you don't mind, could you tell me what the code is for an ADA lavatory sink? Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks