Code for mounting pipe to walls

Users who are viewing this thread

TheNewGuy

Reaction score
Hello friends, I was just wondering if there is a certain code that needs to be followed when it comes to running and having to mount pipe along the walls, i came across a situation where i had to replace a two inch ball valve that was in a very inconvenient spot so i took the chance to bring it forward to the front of the pipe chase where it is located and i had to mount it on the wall using steel hanger strap, i know in the back of my mind that the way its up there is incorrect but i work with a very very small budget and its all i had at the time and i need to know the proper way of mounting it so that it can pass code, thanks for any help :)

IMG_20140417_154912_332.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The pipe can't touch concrete block, and you would need copper coated plumbers strap.
They make a UPC tape that adhears to the pipe that prevents contact too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks