Cloudy water on new well

Users who are viewing this thread

mdtireguy

Reaction score
Hi everyone - need help - just purchased home (new contruction) that was setting for about 9-12 months after completion. Before moving in - local county tested water made builder install salt water softner system & flush well (ran water from hose bib for 3 days) Prior to moving in I had water chemical feeder installed (low Ph level) & rv under sink system installed. Moved in on a mon by thurs water was cloudy, bad odor & had sand in it. To date builder has:

1) flushed/cleaned hot water heater
2) Redevelped the well - using forced air
3) cleaned water storage tank

Now 12 hours after "redeveloping" the salt & feeder systems are not hooked up - but water is cloudy with a light brown tint - no noticable sand - and slight odor

I think the odor will go away once filters are reintroduced tomorrow. not sure

Any help or advise of what to expect would be nice

The well is 200'

WellWaterProducts

In the trades
Reaction score
I would put in a cartridge filter with a clear housing ahead of the softener. This will provide some protection and a way to view the well water. It sounds like there may be some well construction issues...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks