Closet flange riser

Users who are viewing this thread

no_Wedge

Reaction score
Just realized a closet bend doesn't fit a 4" pipe for a riser. Do they have a pipe to fit for a rise so flange can be higher?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
A 3x4 time bend the 4inch side thought you could put a riser in it
Put a piece of pipe in it. That is a riser. If your talking about a flange it's the same solution you put pipe in it then an inside 4" flange.

no_Wedge

Reaction score

no_Wedge

Reaction score
20220828_173832.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
You pictured Charlotte 329 hub x hub close bend I think you wanted Charlotte 330, which is hub x spigot. That means that the 4 inch part is the same OD and ID as a 4 inch pipe.

How high will the floor be above what you have glued in? There will be a solution, but that solution will vary with the rise that you need.

no_Wedge

Reaction score
You pictured Charlotte 329 hub x hub close bend I think you wanted Charlotte 330, which is hub x spigot. That means that the 4 inch part is the same OD and ID as a 4 inch pipe.

How high will the floor be above what you have glued in? There will be a solution, but that solution will vary with the rise that you need.
Maybe wrong one, but yes bottom is for 3inch pipe top is same as 4inch so flange fits, but I need a riser. Need about 4inches from top or 6-7 for inset. Would it be better.just to cut out and put a 3x3 90 with 3" riser?

no_Wedge

Reaction score

Yea it's like the spigot.one. maybe I grabbed the wrong one or it was labeled wrong.

Reach4

Reaction score
The word "street" indicates that also.

So how high do you need to go?

There are outside compression cast iron flanges that come in your choice of 3 heights:
Plumbest or Code Blue outside compression closet flanges:
C40420* 4 pipe x 2 depth
C40430* 4 pipe x 3 depth
C40440* 4 pipe x 4 depth
Those are bigger outside than many, so you would have to reserve enough space in your concrete.
Compression means no glue. Easy do-overs. That is especially important to those who don't always do things right the first time.

The Sioux Chief 887-GPM can push into what you have, if the length is right, or there is even a way to make that unit longer.

If you want to go up a lot, you could glue on a coupler, and stick a pipe in that.

And there is a good chance that you could find an inside fit PVC flange that would glue into what you have. There are ones with different tail lengths. But glue means you have to do it right the first time. There are "outside" closet flanges that would glue outside of the riser. If I glued a closet flange in, I would much prefer a stainless steel ring on it.

Last edited:

no_Wedge

Reaction score

There are outside compression cast iron flanges that come in your choice of 3 heights:
C40420* 4 pipe x 2 depth
C40430* 4 pipe x 3 depth
C40440* 4 pipe x 4 depth
Those are bigger outside than many, so you would have to reserve enough space in your concrete.
Compression means no glue. Easy do-overs. That is especially important to those who don't always do things right the first time.

The Sioux Chief 887-GPM can push into what you have, if the length is right, or there is even a way to make that unit longer.

If you want to go up a lot, you could glue on a coupler, and stick a pipe in that.

And there is a good chance that you could find an inside fit PVC flange that would glue into what you have. There are ones with different tail lengths. But glue means you have to do it right the first time. There are "outside" closet flanges that would glue outside of the riser. If I glued a closet flange in, I would much prefer a stainless steel ring on it.
Thanks I may see what my local has, and may be easier now.just to buy a new couple fittings a coupler and start over with just a normal 3inch 90

no_Wedge

Reaction score
Would a coupler and small pipe extension be proper if I can getheight? Someone else recommended this since a coupler is only about 4 inches. I like how the flanges fit smooth into a 4inch vs 3

C40420* 4 pipe x 2 depth
C40430* 4 pipe x 3 depth
C40440* 4 pipe x 4 depth

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Would a coupler and small pipe extension be proper if I can getheight? Someone else recommended this since a coupler is only about 4 inches. I like how the flanges fit smooth into a 4inch vs 3
Yes.

It IS better to go with a 4"riser.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks