Closet flange extension and flooring

Users who are viewing this thread

mekump

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before.

I just had tile floor installed in the master bath, was sheet vinyl. I had to install 2 ring extenders to bring it above the finished floor. I was thinking about filling the space between the finished floor and the closet flange with caulk or something so that if the wax ring fails I would hopefully see water on the floor. I figure without filling the space with something, if the wax ring fails water would seep down to the subfloor and I probably would never know it or find out too late, after the subfloor gets saturated with water. We bought the house new back in 90' and the closet flange was set atop and fastened to the subfloor, not the finished floor.

Does anyone have any opinions on this?

Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks