Closet Bend question

Users who are viewing this thread

BenderIsGreat

Reaction score
I am remodeling my bathroom and need to move the toilet over a few inches (an offset flange isn’t quite enough) to accommodate the new shower.

The space is pretty limited by the stack, is it okay to use a 90 elbow angled at 45 degrees and then another 45 elbow to come up vertical up to floor level? This would allow me to leave most of the drain intact and just change the last bit.

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a plumber. I am confident you can do that, but I don't know what restrictions would be on the 90. A long sweep is always OK, but something less may be perfectly fine.

A closet flange with a 45 degree output may help this. The Sioux Chief versions will actually pass a 3 inch ball.

http://www.siouxchief.com/products/drainage/residential/closet-flanges/offset-flange/dropkick Available in PVC and ABS to match the rest of your plumbing.
889-45pm.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks