Closed Loop Hydronic heating system

Users who are viewing this thread

GabrielGab

Reaction score
An old heating system with an electrical Hydra 15 boiler ,water being sent throughout a pump to a piping network on the second floor of a duplex. The problem that i experience is upon firing, i get the thermostat to click and start the heating. A loud "popcorn " like noise it's going on on the start up and the frequency /pace slows down and eventually disappears.
I don't think I have any water velocity issues , the banging and popping could mean kettling problems?
Is the water inside the boiler flashing to steam due to the boiler’s inability to pass the heat into the water, and to have the water carry the heat away before it superheats.
I do not have any flow device installed but there is flow, the water gets out and up to the upstairs radiators that are hot
Insufficient flow?
Is the water overheated inside the boiler, and isn’t moving fast enough, for the amount of heat being generated by the boiler?

I believe that the pump is moving water.
There is no other strange noises like hissing, whining, screeching.
Really appreciate some help/suggestions. thank you

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like a heart exchanger could be plugged/ full of crud. I'd give a good douching

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks