Clogged washer inlet

Users who are viewing this thread

dpw-ct

Reaction score
I have an LG washer an get an IE code quite often, which requires that I clean the cold side inlet screen, which is difficult to get to. We have private well water, and mostly run the washer using cold water.

Any good solution for this? inline filter perhaps

By the way I have separate PEX run from he basement to the washing machine on 2nd floor I can theoretically install a filter on either side.

Reach4

Reaction score
I have an LG washer an get an IE code quite often, which requires that I clean the cold side inlet screen, which is difficult to get to. We have private well water, and mostly run the washer using cold water.

Any good solution for this? inline filter perhaps

By the way I have separate pex run from he basement to the washing machine on 2nd floor I can theoretically install a filter on either side.
I suggest that you consider a whole house filter. I presume you get stuff in your aerators, and while you are not seeing it, you are getting stuff in your water heater.

I like the Pentek Big Blue 20x4.5 housings for moderate sediment. It is best to plumb a 32-valve bypass around it. The sump, when full of water as it will be when you change the cartridge, is heavy. I get over a year on a cartridge with my well. Wells and usage varies. I am not a pro.

While you are at it, how is your water otherwise?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks