Clogged pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

April2

Reaction score
so from some of you experienced clearing pipe guys , what are the reasons three different people haven't been able to clear the pipe. The kitchen sink draining causes backup in the shower. Everything else running fine. The house is older ( the 60s) No cleanout. They've tried going thru both ways and the roof vent.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Going through a roof vent I only did once as the vent terminal could be either a stack vent or a vent stack

Some "roto" companies offer 6 weeks training for sewer or drain cleaning which is Ludacris

Possibly all THREE over 40 yearsso-called plumbers did the same thing and tried to snake the kitchen waste line

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

Kitchen sinks and washing machine waste are notorious for grease and soap film build-up and this is what a water Jetter was designed to clear (soft stoppages)

The school of music in Manhattan had chronic roof drain stoppages from the late 1960s the MORONS they called all tried snaking from the roof drain and all these times they failed... Think about that

All the "rotor" guys spend decades trying to get this one drain working

What I did was told me employee open the wet column and see what they find

Seems the original p[lumber installed a test tee as required by the code BUT they never removed the bushing inside so the 4" line was reduced to 3/4"

Once we removed the test tee and installed a proper cleanout tee with an access door problem solved.

It only took over 40 years for someone to figure not to keep doing what other imbeciles did

College.jpg

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Idiots did not know to open a column over 40 YEARS they kept trying to clear a stoppage from the same place

college1.jpg

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Going through a roof vent I only did once as the vent terminal could be either a stack vent or a vent stack

Some "roto" companies offer 6 weeks training for sewer or drain cleaning which is Ludacris

Possibly all THREE over 40 years so-called plumbers did the same thing and tried to snake the kitchen waste line

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

Kitchen sinks and washing machine waste are notorious for grease and soap film build-up and this is what a water Jetter was designed to clear (soft stoppages)

The school of music in Manhattan had chronic roof drain stoppages from the late 1960s the MORONS they called all tried snaking from the roof drain and all these times they failed... Think about that

All the "rotor" guys spend decades trying to get this one drain working

What I did was told me employee open the wet column and see what they find

Seems the original p[lumber installed a test tee as required by the code BUT they never removed the bushing inside so the 4" line was reduced to 3/4"

Once we removed the test tee and installed a proper cleanout tee with an access door problem solved.

It only took over 40 years for someone to figure not to keep doing what other imbeciles did look at the pictures

college3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Had anyone ever thought of using an electric water Jetter and having a wet-dry nearby to suck up excessive water?

11/2 - 2 GPM 1 1/2 - 2 HP should work easily on a 1 1/2 -3" line

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks