Clogged Line

Users who are viewing this thread

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The plumber should have run the entire line to the city sewer!

You have a recurring problem. You should be thinking camera and repair not learning how to run a snake or looking to buy a snake.

Most homes have sewer lines that do not clog on a regular basis. This is where you want to be!

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Redwood,

If you knew me better you would know that I really want to fix this permanently. However this is a slab house and the thing is newly remodeled. This issue has struck suddenly and about 6 months apart. I'm hoping it never happens again but I'm not holding my breath or my waste!

Tom

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You need to know what the problem is...you should call Roto R and they will camera the line for free, most times, so they can try and sell you the job. In any case running a camera down the line will tell you the problem or problems and pinpoint where they are. That way you know what your dealing with and what needs to be done and maybe how soon it will have to be done.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The problem with free camera's is they are going to try to withhold the location so the only way the info could be used is by them.

This may be a job where more than 1 bid would be good... I suspect the high bidder gives away many free camera's. Nothing is free!

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I just wish this problem had reared it's head sooner then I would have chunked through the slab and fixed it. This sucks.

I may go the father and son route. Since I will be right there watching I will know how far down the problem is.

I wonder if digging a large hole on the side of the house and breaking through the foundation, then digging the underside of that room out is the way to go with something like this. Any thoughts? Would the slab cave?

I know concrete is only strong in compression so I bet there is a pretty good risk. Not 100% sure though.

Tom

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks