Clogged drain, no p-trap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Stewpadaso

Reaction score
The drain in my shower is clogged with what im sure is a toy shark, kids... I have tried a drill auger and coat hanger to no avail. Looking at it through the crawl space it seems to not have a trap of any kind. Im attaching a picture for reference, any suggestions will be appreciated. Top pipe is overflow, drain goes straight down from the looks of it.

Attachments

• 20181122_082112.jpg
    20181122_082112.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 194

Stewpadaso

Reaction score
There is not. It goes straight down to the sewer. I should mention that its a slab on grade home and below the pvc section in the picture is the main sewer line in concrete.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
You better call a licensed plumber to install a trap and then vent waste line. Sewer gasses can cause health issues such as headaches , nausea among other long term illnesses

Stewpadaso

Reaction score
When did YOU become a plumbing expert. You DO have a "P" trap and it connects to that pipe in the wall next to the tub drain.

Never said i was an expert, that being said ive worked on this long enough to know there isnt one. The pipe going up is the overflow for the tub, then the drain beneath the tub goes straight down from the looks of it.

Last edited:

Stewpadaso

Reaction score
This is the setup that ive got. Except for where it says "to trap adapter" it just goes straight down into the main drain.
Bathtub-Drain-Diagram (1).jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks