Clip from flapper dropped down overflow tube

Users who are viewing this thread

NoPlumber

Reaction score
My little would-be-plumbers were adjusting the toilet flapper's chain length. Somehow the clip which attaches the chain to the flapper was dropped down the overflow tube. They haven't flushed the toilet since the clip dropped down the tube. Help. What should we do?

NoPlumber

Reaction score
So, it won't hurt anything to leave the clip down the tube? It would be much easier to replace the flapper, I think, than retrieve the clip, but I was concerned it would damage the toilet when it is flushed.

NoPlumber

Reaction score
Thank you both very much! I appreciate the help. I'm a new first-time homeowner and can see I have much to learn.

These forums are a great resource. Thank you, Terry, for providing them.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can also use a piece of bailing wire or even a paperclip to make that connection. As long as it holds and doesn't cause the flapper to stick in the up position.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks