Clicking yesterday, today nothing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jon1

Reaction score
OK I checked it again. With the pump turned off and spigot open all water drains out in a couple of minutes. I still get 38 pounds with my tire gauge at top of tank. It doesn’t seem to have changed since I added air the other day. This means the tank is OK, right? When I run a hose the points in the Square D box touch and the pump comes on. Then in about 70 seconds the points pop open. About 1 minute later they touch again. Every time they pop open or close is when I here the click. If I run 3 hoses, the points always touch and I don’t hear any clicking. It may have always done this, I just didn’t notice until I was working by the well and kept hearing the clicking. Do I need to adjust the pressure in the Square D box, it has two screws on top of springs?

lzenglish

Reaction score
Hello, now that I have seen your latest post, forget what I said about the starting relay. When you said "Clicking Noise" then mentioned reset, button, it rang a bell. Now that you say a "Click Noise "when the pump starts, that sounds like the normal operation of a Pressure Cycling Control. I would take the advice of the previous Members, and fix the short cycling.
Good Luck!

Jon1

Reaction score
OK now that I know what is causing the clicking I can't stand it anymore. I get a lot of different prices on the Internet for the CSV1W, are they all the same?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks