Clicking sound in plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

tyclo43

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a peculiar issue with my plumbing system. When my dishwasher kicks on to drain, a clicking sound begins over where the pvc drain enters the main septic system pipe. The clicking is about 20 feet from where the dishwasher is located. The clicking is a well timed (spaced evenly about .75 seconds apart) and lasts for about a minute when the dishwasher drains. Any help or insight into a possible cause for this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
After the flow stops, and things start to cool back off, it will click again as it contracts. The pipe is rubbing on something - a hole is smaller than desired, or something is restricting its movement, and when it overcomes the friction as it expands/contracts, it jumps rather than moving slowly and smoothly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks