Clearing line when pulling old toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

magnumip

Reaction score
I figured maybe it might be a good idea to insure the line is nicely cleared while I have the old toilet pulled.

I have a snake and could make good use of it while the wc is pulled. :cool:

My question is this. Lately I have been using a cobra expanding water blatter attached to a hose at the clean out in the kitchen. If worked better than the snake does most of the time.

How about using this set up at just inside the closet flange while I have the toilet pulled to install a new one?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
That bladder pump would help if you had a wad of tp stuck in there. It will do nothing for crud buildups.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Running a stream from a garden hose into a 3" or 4" line for a water closet would likely do nothing to clear the line, there is simply not enough volume or pressure coming from the hose.

A 3 or 4" cutter head on a rodding machine might make your efforts more worthwhile.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
What catcher_chick said plus forget about you hand powered snake. These are too puny and too short to clean a drain. It needs to be cleaned clear out to the street.

magnumip

Reaction score
Running a stream from a garden hose into a 3" or 4" line for a water closet would likely do nothing to clear the line, there is simply not enough volume or pressure coming from the hose.

A 3 or 4" cutter head on a rodding machine might make your efforts more worthwhile.

I agree with the rodding machine. The only reason I asked this is in the past it has cleared well from a 3" kitchen clean-out where a 3/4" snake did not work.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The bladders release a quick surge of water which can poke a hole in a clog, but does not necessarily clear it. If you continually get clogs, there's likely something else going on - an improperly sloped drain, or a break, or a crushed line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks