Cleanout converstion to drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Aaroninnh

Reaction score
Plumbing Experts,

Years ago to add a basement laundry sink/sump pump for the washing machine I did the this. I threaded a 4" male adapter into the cleanout and a wye. The pump has a 2" line and the valve you can see in the photo. The 4" line then extends up a bit and is capped off for future use. I Have an unfinished area of the house where a bathroom may be added at some point. I was sure to still keep a cleanout there, and I used one of the inflatable balloons in the pipe that I used to block it to check for leaks.

My question is, how bad is it that the cleanout was used with a threaded adapter? If/when I ever add a bathroom to the 4" line am I going to have any problems? The work is long done, but the only thing going through the threaded adapter is grey water. Will I have problems with stuff catching on the threads if I ever do add the bathroom?

What is done is done, but my questions are:

Is this allowed under the IPC (I believe that is the code that covers my state)
Is this going to bite me in the a$$ later?

Thanks in advance everyone. Plumbing is not my strong suit.

20170304_173451.jpg

Aaroninnh

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry! Someone recently told me it was a plumbing code violation and that it was going to cause me trouble long term. I appreciate thee response.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks