Cleanout buried under flooring. Raise through floor?

Users who are viewing this thread

sfclimbers

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wanting to have a toilet relocated to where a bathtub used to be. The pipes are in an earth trench under the flooring. There is plumbing for the bathtub, laundry, vanity and the existing toilet location (in that order), all draining into a cast iron 4" vent. My hope is that the existing toilet connection can be removed and replaced with a wye and piping that extends out to where the tub currently is (maintaining the same order of drainage).

In preparing the area for the job, I noticed that the cleanout is buried under there too. Is it required, to extend that cleanout to penetrate the flooring? I am assuming that having it pop up through the floor tucked in toward the back and side of the new toilet location would be appropriate. It is an 1895 house in Ontario, Canada with very thick stone walls and seasonal snows.

Thanks

Attachments

• Cleanout.jpg
    Cleanout.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 82
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks