Cleanout and septic question

Users who are viewing this thread

usameisje

Reaction score
I have a cleanout in the pipe that leads to my septic tank in my basement utility room. The basement is fully finished and is a walkout on grade level. I would prefer my cleanout be outside so I can finish my laundry/utility area without the cleanout there.

I figure if the cleanout was moved outside I get two rewards. I can put cabinets where my cleanout currently resides and I don't get poop/pee/gross stuff all over the inside of my home if that cleanout needs to be opened and used.

Assuming I have the cash to pull off this plan is it a good idea? Is there a reason why the cleanout must be inside? i figure it would cost quite a bit to get the old cleanout removed and a new one in but being able to use that area for pantry storage instead of the cleanout would be worth it. I would include it in my plan to install risers and an effluent filter on my septic system. I don't care about having a visible cleanout outside since the risers and filter will be visible anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks