Cleaning pump parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom Rogers

Reaction score
i have my old two stage Sears 390.25320 jet pump apart. What is the beast way to clean the scale and gunk out of the pump volutes.

Tom Rogers

Reaction score
I think I can get it sealed. Time will tell. Next question Sears parts direct keeps sending me impellers instead of an over haul kit. The gotcha here is the impellers are for the next model up 1 1/2 hp. Mine is the 1 hp model But every thing looks to be the same. The only difference is the rate of sweep in the impeller is quicker. They sent me j105-74pa. The catalog says j105-76p is the right one. What are the issues with using these impellers.

Bgard

Reaction score
the wrong impeller will over load the motor as it has the cut for 1.5 HP it will try to move as much water as a 1.5 HP but only has 1HP

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Wrong. 76 p impellers are for 2 stage 1-hp pump. 74p impellers are for 1.5 hp 3 stg pump. The 74 p impellers put out less water and pressure and are slightly smaller. Since there are 3 instead of two they do the job.

You essentially have a mse stay rite pump. No need to go through sears. Should be plenty of parts.

Tom Rogers

Reaction score
Ok I will see what I can do. I know the parts are all Pentair products. Sears was quite a bit cheaper. Sears thinks they are sending me an over haul kit and all I keep getting are these impellers. And talking to the Pakistsan help desk isnt getting that through to them. At this point i would like to just get them to swap these for the correct ones.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks