Clawfoot tub faucet, Leaking aftermarket set up

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hey everybody. I have a Randolph Morris clawfoot tub faucet which I have attempted to install on my clawfoot tub. It is a real nice piece but I'm working with a couple of alternate parts and I wonder if that is what's going wrong right now. I will attempt to explain.

The faucet attaches to the wall of the tub through the 3 3/8" spaced ports and threaded 3/4" hook up nipples of the mount couplers project through and are secured with threaded washers. The hook up nipples are then capped with riser nuts. It looks as if these are meant to connect to the supply lines via some sort of compression piece. That's all there was to the set in terms of connecting to supply lines.

The local plumbing supply house is closed right now but the guy at Lowe's suggested a 3/4 - 1/2 reducing coupling and a short 1/2 nipple. I assembled these pieces with white teflon tape and tightened it all. Turned on the supply lines and found the coupling connections leaking significantly. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this? I can send pics.

Many thanks

D

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
A picture would help. The 3/4 - 1/2 reducing coupling, is it brass? What type of pipe is the supply lines? What model is the faucet? Is the problem the supply line to the faucet connection?

The last page of the parts list shows several type of couplers. Would any of these work with your issue.
https://www.vintagetub.com/download/Parts/Gooseneck_Parts.pdf

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks HJ. I was picturing something like what you're describing. Can you tell me the name of that item? I've attached a picture of my janky set up.

Attachments

• IMG_7113.jpg
    IMG_7113.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 300
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks