clawfloot tub with S-union 1/2 NPS thread

Users who are viewing this thread

mmdougherty

Reaction score
I am trying to install a clawfoot tub faucet using provided S-union in an inside the wall mount. It's taken me over 2 weeks of research to discover that the S-union is an NPS (straight) thread not a NPT (tapered) thread. After going to too many plumbing supply stores where no one knew the difference I searched the internet for the right fitting, couldn't find it. Well, wanting to mount it inside the wall using a 1/2" drop ear 90- can't find a single NPS drop ear 90 anywhere in the internet or plumbing supply store. They are all NPT.

My plumber found a hose that attaches to the S-Union as it is straight. But because it is soft there is no attachment in the back (inside the wall). Afraid that the weight of the faucet will have too much movement with just support at the wall but not inside the wall. This could be the fitting fix but looking for a mounted fitting fix.

Looking for a 1/2" drop ear 90 that has NPS (straight) threads in a clawfoot application or some suggestions on other ways to mount this inside the wall. What is pictured is tapered NPT and does not fit!

Mimi

Attachments

• tub fixture and fittings.jpg
    tub fixture and fittings.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Flexible hose.png
    Flexible hose.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1211.jpg
    IMG_1211.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 105

mmdougherty

Reaction score
Who sold the faucet? Ask them.
You need a different faucet.
Also, flow through 1/2" PEX will not be great.
Thanks I did they suggested a drop ear 90, but those are NPT (tapered) fittings that I could find. No NPS straight fittings. They suggest I do the floor mount where they do sell the fittings but the wall mount they do not.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks