Classic Unvented Cylinder, Help needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Helen101

Reaction score
Hiya,

I have an unvented cyclinder (tribune)
Yesterday I had a pressure valve replace and the vertical pressure tank pumped back up.

All was fine.

This morning I used the sink and a weird groaning noise occurred, gone in a couple of seconds and when I put the tap back on, there was no noise (chalked it up to a car or something).

I then showered later, and about 30/40 minutes after my shower the noise happened again.

I have done two loads of washing between the first incident and the second, and experienced no noise.

Is this my pressure tank, had something gone wrong? Or will it wear off? I am still safe to use it?

Any help would be great, as due to New Year’s Eve, I cannot contact my Plummer until Tuesday.

Thanks

Helen

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you may be saying that you had a pressure reducing valve (PRV) installed. The plumber set the air precharge on the thermal expansion tank. Maybe "Tribune" was the brand name of your thermal expansion tank?

The air precharge pressure is normally set to the same or a bit higher than what the PRV is set for. Some people with PRVs find that if the pressure is adjusted higher or lower, the noise will go away. You might try that yourself. Count the turns of the screw in case you want to restore the pressure setting it was at.

If you want to modify the text of your post, you can click Edit. I suspect you may want to do that.

http://www.uk-plumbing.com/tribune-classic-pressure-relief-valve-p-40519.html

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Other parts of the world do things in a somewhat different manner...and, the terms used can be confusing.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Is the turbine a water pump to raise the pressure?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You just don't know how water pipes are arranged in the U.K. They have a storage tank in the attic and water flows by gravity to the faucets, except the cold water in the kitchen sink which is off the pressure fee

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks