Clack WS1 Diagnostic/Data Port?

Users who are viewing this thread

maelstrom

Reaction score
I have a Clack water softener and Ozone filter and would like to do some remote monitoring of these systems (remaining capacity, regen frequency etc.). They both have Clack WS1 variants so I am wondering if there's a standard way to retrieve data off these valves. I have tried sniffing the three pin COMM Cable port with a logic analyzer to see if it pushing serial data but so so far don't see any data coming off that port (even switched one of the vales to alternating "ALTB" to see if it would push a stream of data but got nothing). There's also a 6 pin port labeled J10 on both boards, anyone know what this is used for and happen to have a pinout diagram? Any help/insight would be much appreciated.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Data output is typically reserved for the WS3 and WS2H valves. Some proprietary boards have dual output relays that you can use for pulsed signaling of meter flow or regenerations etc, but not the standard boards.

maelstrom

Reaction score
Bummer. Just curious, do you happen to know what the 6pin J10 port is used for?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks