Clack valve - Refill port plug leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

electrotuko

Reaction score
Clack WS1EE used on a iron removal filter/tank, Backwash only valve.

After a month after an installation it started leaking from a Refill Port Plug.
The water drips (1 drop/hour) from the locking clip holes.
I removed the plug, visually inspected, all looks good, O-ring looks good, clean.
Lubricated with silicon, re-seated. Still drips.
Removed plug again, removed O-ring, wrapped few turns of Teflon tape on the plugs neck, to make O-ring sitting higher, making more tight contact O-ring – Valve body.
Still the same.
What can be a root cause?

electrotuko

Reaction score
Posting image of the leak place.

From refill port plug.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

electrotuko

Reaction score
When Clack is in a service-"home" mode there is a full water pressure under that refill cup.
Not sure if this is normal. I have inspected a spacer stack assembly, it all looks good.
Replaced refill port plug with new and new O-ring (no teflon), same issue.
One thing I noticed that, since it is a backwash only filter configuration, there is no Regenerant piston installed.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
That portion will be pressurized, it should not leak. If you replaced the cap and o-ring and the problem persists, then you have a flaw in the valve body.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks