cistern pump system

Users who are viewing this thread

alkajd

Reaction score
I have cisern that's under my garage floor an the swallw well pumpis in the basement next to it I have a tank but it's not a pre-charged pressure tank. The problem is the pump short cycles a lot when I'm not dischargeng water A) How do I stop this? B) Do I need to add a pre-charged tank and how do I size it?

Thanks
alkajd

WV Hillbilly

Reaction score
If your pump is running when you're not running any water you probably have a leak . When you say you're not discharging any water I assume you mean no faucets are open & you're not running water anywhere .

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
It is short cycling because the pump has no place to displace water or store it once you stop running water. The short cycling will wipe out the starting mechanism on the motor. You will need to install a diaphragm holding tank on the discharge side of the pump. If you have one in place it is either no good or it needs air.

sammy

www.tylerwellandpump.com

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks