Circulation Pump Flange Leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Dtbik

Reaction score
I had a very slow leak at the union of my boiler circulation pump to the flange on the connected pipe. I've unbolted and removed the gasket, it appears the correct circular type gasket was used.

Pump: Bell & Gossett Series HV 1/6HP 1102210 - 1-1/2" size

I'm concerned the flanges installed on the iron pipes are not the correct B&G type to match the pump, maybe they are generic or older type. They are fairly old and rusted, so it is hard to tell. Perhaps they are too corroded to be effective at this point? Should the pipe flanges be a matching B&G part to ensure a proper seal with the gasket?

Photos of flanges and pumps here - any ideas if the flanges might need replacement, or should simply try a new gasket first?
Pump side flange.jpg
pipe side flange.jpg
Suction side flange and pump.jpg

Fitter30

Reaction score
B &G uses a thick rubber ring gasket on the pump side that fits in that groove. Mating flange is smooth. Dress both flanges with a file.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks