Cimarron bowl flow is uneven

Users who are viewing this thread

kcongdon

Reaction score
I have recently installed two brand new Kohler Cimarron 2-piece elongated (model 3499) toilets in my new Master Bath and 1/2 bath. I am not a pro, but have installed and fixed my share of toilets in 15 years of home-ownership.

Both toilets have excellent water flow through the front of the bowl, but the back of the bowl does not get rinsed completely. I was very careful during installation that the bowls are level left-right and front-back. It seems, however that they need to be tilted back.

Both are now grouted to the floor, so I don't want to re-seat them, but I will if I have to. Does anyone have any suggestions before I do that?

While at the plumbing supply the other day, someone suggested cleaning any possible debris from the bowl inlet holes. Perhaps some packing material or manufacturing residue is clogging the holes. Does this sound reasonable? What's a good way to clean them?

Thanks in advance.

kcongdon

Reaction score
um, thanks, i think. Wish I had seen the reviews before purchasing them...:mad:

So, I'm not one to give up so easy. But, do you think I should pursue some recourse with Kohler or try to work on the installation to get it to work right?

How can any company sell a crapper that's doesn't even clean out the crap???:confused: I'd think that any new toilet would at LEAST have water wash over all the surface area of the bowl. Duh!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Well its actually kind of the nature of the beast!

The law mandating 1.6 GPF brought out some of the worst flushing toilets ever designed.

Toto Came along with the Drake and they all went back to the drawing board to make toilets that flushed as good as the Drake. Essentially they all copied the Drake. Less water was used to was the bowl as it was designed to rapidly enter the bowl and give them flushing power. Problem is Toto also has a Sanigloss finish which is smoother and less prone to this problem.

Even Toto now has some toilets that now have more bowl wash. The Cyclone is one of them.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Lots of solutions for that problem...

4-26--brush-final.jpg

10-character message filler

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks