Choosing a shower surround

Users who are viewing this thread

Jetboy55

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to replace my tub/shower with a shower only. I am looking at surround and shower base kits, and doors at the big box stores. I can't spend $2k on a shower surround, so the best price I've come up with is a American Standard Ovation Curve 60x30, which comes as a kit for about $1200 with a satin nickel door, or purchased seperately for about $1400 and I can get a black door, which my wife prefers. I'm pretty sure tiling my own shower won't save any money, and I don't trust myself to do a proper, good looking tile job, thus the prefab surround. Anyway, I wish I could afford a better looking surround, does anyone have a suggestion for where else I could look that would save money on buying a surround/pan and door?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks