Chinese cast iron no hub vs Charlotte

Users who are viewing this thread

Branimal

Reaction score
How do pipes , fittings, and ferncos compare? Realized I bought a bag of full of Chinese stuff cast iron when I got home and I'm nervous to install it.

Branimal

Reaction score
I bought no hub elbows and ferncos. I noticed how much lighter they are than Charlotte.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I was bidding on a 190 family family apartment building and was told I was the highest bidder and could I reconsider my bid

I said nope and said have a good life and walked away as I was doing a lot of new work at the time and figured I would throw in a high bid and see what happens

Five years later we received a call of chronic stoppages in the same complex and we did a video inspection of the 8" underground Cast iron which was totally corroded

All Chinese cast iron ..

My price was higher because we strictly use Charlotte cast iron and JR Smith roof drains and never have I had a call back

I also refuse use Fernco couplings . I use either Mission or Tyler

Branimal

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I went out and bought Charlotte stuff.

I mistakenly called them ferncos. What I have are no hub couplings. I have a torque wrench- I'll make sure the joints get the proper torque.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
How does a CAST IRON elbow "pinch shut"? In my trade journal I read yesterday, there is a "rant" by a Charlotte official about how the Chinese use all "pig iron" to make their stuff while Charlotte uses mostly recycled cast iron.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks