Chicks and Dicks Softball with Love Plumbing Logo

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Last week we lost to the first place team by three runs two times. We were without my daughter Amy, and John below.
Amy broke one of her fingers over the weekend.
I played for the second week, now hitting .714 with a 1.429 slugging percentage. I'm still behind my son Jamie's .741 avg. and 1.741 slugging.

cd_802_don_lisa.jpg

Don batting, and Lisa

cd_809_birthday.jpg

Amy's daughter blowing out candles on her cup cakes.

cd_802_paul_laurac.jpg

Paul batting with Laura getting ready.
cd_802_john_1.jpg

John will be back, his harm has been hurt, but maybe it's time.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We need more women players for the Summer league this year. The first game is July 11th 2011
If you are in the Seattle area, the games will be played at Marymoor Park in Redmond. Give me a call at 206-949-2626 or email at terrylove@comcast.net

We have plenty of guys, but do need some women.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Softball again this year, 2011.
So far we are in third, having played the other two really good teams.
We played the Combine, lost by one, and tied,
Then played the grumpy Dino's team, and lost the first game, and tied the second game. I was the winning run on third and got stranded. As of August 8, I'm batting .750
I got up against the grumpy pitcher from the Dino's team, called time out and asked for a "sweet pitch".
He was nice enough to groove me one down the middle and I was able to knock in two runs to tie the game.

cd_2011_801_1.jpg
one

Angela and Michele

cd_2011_801_2.jpg

Paul, Glenn and John

cd_2011_801_3.jpg

Jim M, Terri B and Pam

cd_2011_801_4.jpg

Jim A and Don

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Game against Bungie,
First game 9-4 (short game)
Second game, 18-9

The field was pretty rough. We called 911 for the third baseman on the other team.
The gal there took a bad hop in the face, so that game was shortened, and everyone was a bit more carefull. The ball would sometimes stay low and other times hop up. Pretty wicked.

I was able to beat out a grounder to the second basemen for a hit. I don't do that very often. My son Jamie says it's just because I bat left like Ichiro. At 59 I'm glad to outrun the play anytime I can. I added two doubles after that, and halfway through the season I'm at .720

Amy Love, .933
Paul F, .846
Jim M, .800
Glenn P, .786
Terry Love, .720
Tanya L, .654
Craig B, .650
Jamie Love, .643
Team average is .642
We do score a lot of runs. We're the oldest team in our league.

softball_08_15.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Monday the 29th of August we played the Hyatt Hurricanes coed team. That's the Hyatt hotel on NE 8th Street in Bellevue, just across from Bellevue Square. We had two pretty good games. In the first game we scored twenty runs in the first inning, then we changed things up a bit. We wound up winning the first game 34-2. The second game we had an all girl infield and won 22-9. We're still in third place though. We lost my daughter Amy for two most important games on our schedule, she broke her ankle. She was batting .933 and averaging a double every at bat, but she's out for the rest of the year. My son Jamie missed one of the games too. He's one of our power hitters and good infield defense.

cd_2011_829_jamie_2.jpg

Jamie leads the team in home runs.

cd_2011_829_tanya_1.jpg

Tanya, Jim and Michele
Jim's batting .800

cd_2011_829_angela_1.jpg

Angela's batting .600

cd_2011_829_glenn_2.jpg

Glenn and Kate
Glenn's batting ..786

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Getting ready before the game

cd_2011_829_michele_3.jpg

Craig, Michele, and Sherri

cd_2011_829_jamie_1.jpg

Jamie, Tanya, Craig and Sherri

cd_2011_829_paul_3.jpg

Kate, Don and Paul

cd_2011_829_don_2.jpg

Don is our pitcher. We're a bit older then the teams we are playing. We have 65, 60, 59, 55, 51, 51, 50, 49, 48, 45, and some younger ones too.
The teams we play are in their 20's and 30's.

This night I got three doubles and two singles to raise my average to .767
I'll be sixty in February.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
September 2011
We make the playoffs again this year.
We play our first game at 6:00 PM on Tuesday at Hidden Valley in Bellevue against the second seed.
We didn't have Amy playing for the later part of the season, she rolled her ankle before we played the first and second place teams. She was killer in the Outfield and swinging a mean bat. Her other team called her "The Tooth Fairy"
The team batting average going into the last double header and into the playoffs is .665
I'm batting .794 My last game was two doubles, one triple and one home run.

Update, lousy game on the 19th, average drops to .744

hj, I'm not feeling that old yet. I'll be ready to lift 300 pound cast iron tubs by myself soon.
Not bad after last year. My surgery was delayed from September 2nd, so I'm now able to finish the season. It's going to suck for ski season though. After they get done with me, I won't be able to lift 15 pounds again.
I just got a call about the scheduling, and I might be spending Thanksgiving in the hospital this year.
I have two more nights to run around like a kid before that happens though.

End of 2011 season stats

cd_2011_team_8001.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks