Chicago Faucets 2-Handle Shower Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

RustyKnuckles

Reaction score
I bought this complete, NOS, Chicago Faucets 2-handle shower valve, 767-8, for my shower build.
It is an older unit--a red tag and a small brochure came with it, the literature was dated 1978 and 1980.
Why did they put adjustable flow fittings on the inflow side? I mean, obviously so as to adjust the flow of hot and cold water, but why would they do that?
What else should I know about this unit?
Comments? Installation tips?
Thanks.

171268664.jpg

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Those are service stops not flow controls. Leave them fully open until work needs to be done internally or when P/M is being done. It's recommended these stops are exercised periodically.

RustyKnuckles

Reaction score
Wow. That's really handy. Thanks Marlinman. I replaced washers in a friend's 2-handle tub/shower valve once--a 1950's house with original plumbing, and had a heck of a time locating the water shutoff. The crawlspace was about a foot tall--it was miserable going down there. I did it as a favor too, so didn't get paid for all the nasty slithering through the dust, dirt and crud.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks