Check DWV Design

Users who are viewing this thread

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
Can you guys check out this drain layout. This is a top view. All pipes are running left to right in between a joist. I have shown vent takeoffs for shower and toilet. The vents will actually rise up into the wall that runs parallel to this whole setup and then over to the right to tap into the 3" stack out to the roof.

BTW the 2 wyes in the picture are sanitees(the program didn't have those so I used wyes in my diagram).

Attachments

• guest bath plumbing.jpg
    guest bath plumbing.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Reverse the direction of the tee for the shower drain

The washing machine drain needs a vent on it before it catches the shower drain

Why can't you turn up tees instead of laying the fittings on 45's? They are permissable in this fashion but I'd thought I'd ask.

I'm getting jealous of all these sophisticated drawings; feeling like MC Hammer............Can't touch this

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I've been hunting for a program to do my drawings (IT GUY HERE)

The drawing isn't complete. The washer will actually connect further down the line on the left via a long 90 elbow that drops into the 2" line on the left. It will have it's own vent that will tie back in with the shower,and toilet vents on the way back to the 3" stack on the right about 5' up horitzontally 2" line.

I have to use roll the 45 deg because of joist height and to maintain line slope.

Any other problems?

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
Each fixture will have it's own vent

Shower 1.5"
Washer 1.5"
Toilet 2"
Sink 1.5"

These will all tie back to a 2" horizontal run that will run almost parallel to the drain line but inside the wall at a height of about 5'. That will tie into the 3" stack with a 3x3x2 tee.

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
OMG...that program looks great..off to google. THANKS!

OK got the program...i can get individual models from the 3d warehouse...but how do i get the entire collection so I have all the fittings in the program?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks