Charlotte trap union won't seal

Users who are viewing this thread

maintenance man

Reaction score
I have a 2" trap (Charlotte brand from Lowes) and the threaded union on it keeps dripping no matter how tight I get it. It is just a "V" shape at the end of the threads that is supposed to make the seal, no O-ring or anything else. I have bought two now with the same results. What can I do? Could I just PVC glue it and then just thread it back together? Anyone else having this same problem?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
No glue please. Not sure why it's not sealing but it is assumed that it is leaking from the so called "V". Before you get desperate and use use pipe dope that makes a mess, try a little teflon tape wrapped around the "V". If you want to glue get the trap made for glue, L0wes item #: 23437 .

maintenance man

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys, I ended up putting a bead of Leak Lock in the chevron style sealing portion of the Union. It worked good, but next time I will avoid the trap with a screw type Union.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks