Charlotte 3" long 1/4 bend

Users who are viewing this thread

Clutchcargo

Reaction score
There seems to be a design consideration built into this bend. Any idea why one side of the 90 is different than the other?
Using this below a WC to go to horizontal.

PXL_20220106_180106191.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The exterior shape has nothing to do with the interior geometry of the fitting. Just a weird external design.

Reach4

Reaction score
I suspect it is easier to remove from the mold that way. I am picturing maybe a 3-piece mold with the piece forming the inside radius being withdrawn toward the right of your photo. If there was a hub on the right that looked like the one on top, that would interfere with the mold piece being withdrawn.

Clutchcargo

Reaction score
I thought maybe it was designed this way for added strength or something along those lines but you're probably right, something to do with manufacturing.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
The exterior design can sometimes be a factor. There are fitting with "nubs" built in to help with assembly. They give you something to grip and push against. With this particular one I'm not totally sure. It's possible there is an intent, but it's not evident.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks