Changing Single Handed Shower (Poly/Pex issue)

Users who are viewing this thread

NM-Frank

Reaction score
I am trying to change out a shower/tub assembly and have an issue with going from polybutylene tubing to the white pex type tubing I buy at a local hardware store. I am tired of paying high prices for the pex connectors and pex shut off valves that you just hand tighten and would like you advice about buying a crimping tool and the supplies to be able to crimp connectors with the rings whether copper for polybutylene or what ever type connectors they use this day and time that work for the polybutylene and the pex pipe that I need to change over to. This is in a mobile home that came with polybutylene pipe so I am changing to pex to then be able to connect to a new assembly. Any advice would be appreciated. I will try to attach a photo of the present set up and then the body of the assembly I need to install. It looks like I will need to buy some brass connectors for the new assembly since it has external threads on it's connectors compared to the old set up that had internal threads. If I can find a simple crimping tool I think in the long run it will help and reduce cost when I try to help other senior citizens that need help.
Thank you,
Frank

Attachments

• 100_1699.JPG
    100_1699.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 233
  • 100_1701.JPG
    100_1701.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 223
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks