Changing Moen Shower control???

Users who are viewing this thread

Jed1154

Reaction score
I have a kingsley shower/tub setup. It has a handle that just spins from cold to hot. Is it possible to replace this with a setup that allows for hot and cold, but also a separate 'volume' control? Im talking about the ones that have a lever to adjust temperature and you can just leave that set and then the handle controls pressure. Does that require a different valve in the wall?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That requires a different valve body in the wall.
What you have now is a Posi-Temp.
Temperature only.
A Moentrol does both temperature and volume.

moen-kingsley-tub-shower.jpg

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The only company I know of that offers you choices after the install is Delta with their R10000 rough-in valve. The cartridge and trim come as a package, and should you decide to change the functionality, you can buy a new trim/cartridge package that is compatible (there are a bunch) and go from: single handle pressure balance, to two controls with volume/temp, to two controls with volume/thermostatic control. All other companies I've seen (but there could be others), you have to decide the functionality at the time of the valve selection, and to change it, you essentially tear that out and replace the entire thing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks