Changing direction

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by mmax, Jun 7, 2021.

1. mmax

mmax New Member

I am running plumbing in my unfinished basement for a first floor remodel. I am having trouble getting my mind around how to make a 90 degree turn in the drain pipes (horizontal to horizontal) but where one pipe is above the other. So turning down and right. I sketched a crude diagram below. The blue line are the pipes in the ceiling, the others are along the wall. Is it simply a 45 into a wye? What goes on the left end (opposite of the stack? Just cap that off or a cleanout? Thanks

[​IMG]

2. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    If you have access, I'd still use a Wye at that left end, and install a cleanout on the 'open' end.