Changing a shower kit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom Johnson

Reaction score
Thank you in advance for your advice/help.

I am redoing a bathroom shower. Since the tile is being replaced it is the opportune time. The shower kit currently installed is a Delta Monitor (pretty standard looking).

I want to add a new kit that offers both a shower head and a sprayer (separate so they can operate independently or alone).

My main question is:

By changing the kit where there is perhaps a separate connection for a sprayer, how much plumbing work will be required. Is this going to be an extensive project at a high cost or is this replacing a couple of valves?

I debate whether I should just install another Delta monitor with a new valve instead of introducing a new connection.

I know pricing is not usually an item to be discussed on such message boards, but I am just trying to gauge what type of involvement a kit change requires.

Thank you

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Why not pick up a fixed shower head with hand shower built in and diverter?
That way all you do is remove the existing shower head and install the new setup.

If you plan on opening the wall up, that would be the time to replace the old valve with a new Delta valve, which can use the R11000 diverter with the six way cartridge.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks