Changed Mixet cartridge = low water pressure?

Users who are viewing this thread

thegoldenhand

Reaction score
hello! please help me. i recently replaced the mixet cartridge for my shower. i bought it from home depot. at the same time i also replaced the shower head with the rainshower effect. now when i test it, the water pressure is awfully low on the shower. sometimes when i turn it on i dont even get any water to come out. also i noticed that it is not crossing over. either turn gives me just cold water. what seems to be the problem? did i buy the wrong cartridge? arent they supposed to be the generic? do i need to adjust something in the cartridge itself? i also noticed that the temp knob turns all the way around. is this normal? shouldn't it stop at the hot position when turned left and stop at the cold position when turned right? please help me... pleaseeeeee...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
shower

The valve may not be able to deliver the amount of water that rainshower head needs to give a good shower. The original Mixets, with a long internal mechanism, did have an optional clip to limit the rotation of the handle, but the later ones with the short stem, which is what you probably have did not have it so the handle could, and would, rotate 360 degrees. As for your no hot water problem, unless there is a problem with the valve in the wall, or it has the optional in wall valves, there should be no way for that to happen.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks