Change these Delta valves

Users who are viewing this thread

Selina

Reaction score
I need to swap these valves out but am not confident in the approach. I've replaced sink valves before.

received_296347255714536.jpeg

Selina

Reaction score
If you are referring to swapping out the 'cartridge', you are out of luck until you reveal the tile opening to a point where the cartridge can be removed to start. Don't forget to turn the water off !
Of course turning the water off is a must.
With all the clauk I was concerned. So we I'm gathering is be prepared to replace the tile to get to it?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
To access the stems behind the tile, I use a flat blade screwdriver and tap the edge of the tile snapping it off, working my way outward.
Until you have access for removal, there isn't a way to unthread and replace.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Now would be the perfect time to replace this relic with a

Delta Universal Mixing Rough-In Valve with Service Stops, 1/2" NPT Male thread with 1/2" C.W.T Female Sweat - Box Model High Flow Shower Only

Model:R10000-UNWSHF

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would be prepared to be replacing the tile behind that valve. It looks like its been chopped up pretty good and installed in tiny pieces so the likelihood of chipping small pieces of it to expose the stems is pretty small.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks