Champion Max 4 - Fill Valve Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

beedle

Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue. I purchased a AS Champion Max 4 last October and since then I have gone through 4 fill valves. AS set the water level to the top of the overflow tube to get enough water pressure to get a good flush. It works great when it works but after a short amount of time the Fluidmaster 400A (AS OEM) starts to siphon until the water line reaches approximately 1" below the top of the overflow tube. This creates a weak flush if the toilet has been sitting unused for a few hours.

Has anyone else experienced this with Fluidmaster?

I am looking at replacing the Fluidmaster with either Korky 528MP or Danco HC550, any thoughts on which one is better?

Thanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
It works great when it works but after a short amount of time the Fluidmaster 400A (AS OEM) starts to siphon until the water line reaches approximately 1" below the top of the overflow tube.
As a test, try temporarily removing the clip that holds the refill tube over the top of the overflow.

What may be happening is that water climbs the clip into the overflow via capillary action.

A fix could be to extend the overflow tube or to make a clip that does not support the water climbing.

beedle

Reaction score
Thanks Reach4. After reading your post and speaking to a Fluidmaster tech both thoughts were similar. I lowered the float about an 1/8" to hopefully prevent this from happening. I lose a little flush power but appears to be acceptable and so far this has worked (1 day). Ill check over the next week to confirm.

beedle

Reaction score

Reach4, thanks again. After having a chance to monitor this more, the thread you posted was spot on but I took a different solution. I found that raising the black clip 1/8" - 1'4" on the overflow tube allows the water to stay at the top of the overflow tube and stops the leaking.

My fear was having the clip become unsecured but it appears to have enough bit and the hose appears to not produce much pressure to move it. If it becomes a problem I will just purchase an extender.

Problem solved.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks